Dark Magic feeds on
- Confusion, chaos and fear, but most of all FEAR
Dark Magic works when
- You believe a lie
- You willingly give your power away. (This is equivalent to believing that you have no power to do anything about the situation, which is the biggest lie of all.)
To defeat dark magic
- Grieve what you feel was lost.
- Feel the righteous anger and the full range of emotions that arise. Especially feel the emotions that you aren’t “strong” enough to feel. Feeling them is precisely where your strength comes from.
- Reclaim your power. Allow your darkest secrets to surface and share them with those that will hold them in a safe and loving space. Like massive roots stretching down in the dank soil of Mother Earth, what you have buried deep within you as shame is the foundation for the reclamation of power. Take it back.
- Trust yourself. All of YOU. Know that you KNOW.
See dark magic for what it is: ultimately impotent and actually, laughable. Dark magic is a little shuffling skeleton. An empty shell, perpetually starving, desperate to syphon the energy of others in order to fill itself. It thinks that will actually work. Ha! Ha!
Remember who YOU are first.
Then, you can gently whisper, “Remember, little skeleton, remember.”